I’ll be the first to tell you that I don’t go out of my way to purchase vegan, cruelty free or kale infused products. It’s awesome if you do of course! I’m just being honest. There are products that I own that may have one or all three of those components. But like I said, I don’t go out of my way to find them for those reasons.
So when I received this skincare line in the mail ( gratis thanks to Influenster/Elemis ) I wasn’t all that impressed or ecstatic. To be honest I haven’t actually heard of Elemis before and It may be because I primarily dabble in Korean skincare.
Elemis is a luxury British skincare brand, they state that their formula’s are an innovative blend of science with the chemistry of nature, carefully crafted by a dedicated team of explorers, scientists and skincare experts.
The ‘ SUPERFOOD’ line is their newest addition so here are my honest thoughts!
ELEMIS super food facial wash (25$)
- Cleanses, Nourishes, Revitalizes Skin
- Supergreen Complex of Wheatgrass, Kale, Nettle and minerals are combined to leave the complexion looking luminous
- Superfood lipids, Broccoli Seed, Avocado and Pumpkin Seed oils, are combined with an active, sugar-derived Pre-Biotic helps to maintain a healthy balance in the skin’s microflora
- Dull looking skin is replaced by a radiant and fresh complexion
The first thing that caught my attention was the smell. The smell is overpowering in a bad way. I’m not sensitive to fragrances in products and I usually welcome them but this was too much. It smells like freshly cut grass x 10. That’s the only bad thing I have to say. Otherwise, It does a good job as a cleanser. I didn’t notice any radiance from using it but my skin did feel calmer. I have been breaking out since I came back from Korea and this a long with the day cream have really made a difference.
ELEMIS super food day cream (45$)
Balance and moisturize skin with anti-oxidant rich oils and a vitamin-packed Supergreen Complex.
- Replenishes, Moisturises, Protects
- Contains Superfoods: foods which are naturally rich in nutrients, minerals and anti-oxidants, helping to feed skin exactly what it needs
- Deeply moisturizing, but quickly absorbed, so skin feels soft, plump and instantly hydrated
- Anti-oxidant and omega-rich Superfood lipids, Broccoli, Flax Seed and Daikon Radish, help plump and smooth the skin. Superfood anti-oxidants, Ginger, Matcha Tea and Goji Berry, help protect the skin barrier
- Skin tone looks smooth, revitalized and illuminated with a super fresh glow
The smell on the cream isn’t as off-putting. Out of all the ingredients it contains, the ginger is what you can smell the most. I really like the ingredient list on the cream, especially that it contains Matcha. This is AMAZING if you have combo-oily skin! It absorbs fairly quickly and hydrates without leaving you feeling oily. I have a hard time finding creams that can achieve this. I usually end up using emulsions as moisturizers since creams are usually too heavy.
Get 25$ OFF your next 100+ purchase, only at ELEMIS.COM
Use code: INFLUENSTER
– – –
But if you are looking to buy these two products in a set at a greatly reduced price, drop me an e-mail through my contact page （￣ε￣ʃƪ）